[CentOS] Upgrade from RHEL 6 beta ?

Markus Falb markus.falb at fasel.at
Tue Nov 16 15:02:49 UTC 2010

On 16.11.10 14:12, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> I've installed rhel 6 beta to start playing around with clustering, gfs2 and ldap.
>
> Will I be able to upgrade to centos 6 final or I'll have to re-install ?
>
> Nicolas

If I remember correctly, in the release notes for rhel6-beta it is
written that an upgrade to the final release is _not_ supported, so I
would be amazed if CentOS would support or recommend that.

Recently there was a discussion about upgrading to rhel6 on the
rhelv6-beta list

http://www.mail-archive.com/rhelv6-beta-list@redhat.com/msg00076.html

Of course, whats supported and whats possible are separate topics,
maybe. If you really want to try the following article in the CentOS
wiki may also be helpful, look for the subtopic "Migration from RHEL5 to
CentOS5"

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/MigrationGuide?highlight=%28upgrade%29

--
Best Regards,