[CentOS] upgrading Centos-Xen when version 6 comes along

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Nov 17 15:39:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/16/2010 02:30 AM, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:
>> 2010/11/16 Dave Stevens<geek at uniserve.com>:
>>> I am curious what is the best way to upgrade my dom0 and domUs to V.6
>>> (currently 5) when it releases. Any experience or docs on this?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> take a look at here:
>>
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/chap-Virtualization-v2v-migration.html
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/convert-a-local-xen-guest.html
>>

> and if your machine support KVM ie: AMD-V or Intel VT-x, you can use
> xenner to run paravirt xen guest in KVM
>
> [1] http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/xenner/
>
> --
> Athmane Madjoudj

So, do I understand this corret: RH6 won't have (native?) XEN support
anymore, which obviously means CentOS won't have it either?

Have anyone used both XEN & KVM before? What are your experiences with
either, in comparison to each other? We've been using XEN for about 4
years now, and only use CentOS as our server platform. I'd hate to
move to Debian or OpenSuse just for XEN, and I don't know KVM at all.
--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com