[CentOS] Centos podcast on FLOSS weekly

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Nov 19 12:45:21 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 04:26 AM, John Hinton wrote:
> Hey KB... you look and sound just like you type! :)

Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :)

> Really, it's a thanks to all the 'core' team in particular and all those
> others helping with the project and we also need to mention all those
> acting as mirrors and ....... gee... suddenly I feel like someone trying
> to not forget somebody while accepting an Oscar or something. I'd like
> to thank my parents for raising a smart kid who knew to use only the
> best OS... I'd like to thank.... LOL

Absolutely, sometimes its easy to forget the large number of people who
contribute in many different ways to make this whole ecosystem work.
Starting from the upstream developers on kernel.org through to the Red
Hat teams and the CentOS builders, community 'activists', the mirror
network, the infra team, the users, the many people who help with
bugs.centos.org and wiki.centos.org. Thanks to everyone for coming
together and making this work for such a large number of people.
Sometimes pushing 25+ hrs/week on CentOS - over and above the 40 hrs at
DayJob work gets hard to self-justify, but when you think about the
impact that this has and on how large an audience it reaches, somehow
things seem worthwhile.

It would still be quite nice to see a lot more people get involved, get
active and join the regular-corps.

> Now if I can just figure out if it is pronounced sen-tose, sen-tas or
> what. Sounded more like sen-tos from KB and sen-tas from both
> interviewers. Either way, the interview was actually rather

Thanks! and if there are any questions or anything specific that anyone
wants to know more about, feel free to ask!

> invigorating. Now if you guys would just quit hacking my websites. ;)

Stop hacking your website ? why would we want to do that!

- KB