[CentOS] Router for SOHO network - hardware considerations

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:54:21 UTC 2010

It depends on what hardware you have available and what all you would
like to play with...I run both tomato and pfsense and both are great
products but both serve a particular setting...I use tomato for AP's
primarily but also use it for a soho router much better than
linksys...but if you want more routing functionality/security like
openvpn and more available packages to play with then pfsense is a
good choice...if you want or need more filtering capabilities then you
could also look at untangle (much more hardware intensive) or
endian...I have used/using all of the above...all of them have
advantages and tradeoffs just depends on what your requirements are...