[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Nov 23 20:14:41 UTC 2010

> it, turn it off, and maybe uninstall. If these are PoS boxen, do you need
> X windows? Do you need Gnome or KDE as windonw managers (look at smaller
> ones - I use IceWM at home, < 600k, yes, k, not M; the other admin here
> likes xfce)?

I have the CentOS Extras XFCE on one of them (for which I could
actually get the right additional RAM), but most just run headless
(and were installed with the text installer).

I don't use them as cashier machines, just got them second hand.
They were so cheap that I bought one just to try, and then found it so
good that I bought the other three...
(I'm probably not the only one on this list who has computers all over
the place, and a wife who gave up asking when you come up with a "new"
one)