[CentOS] New list ?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Wed Nov 24 17:23:45 UTC 2010

On 24 November 2010 17:06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 11/24/2010 05:04 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> Are you saying that having focus and topic specific lists are not
> something you agree with ? Because thats what it sounds like!

OK, instead of quoting other people: I think for a list with such a
low volume (comparable to some other Linux-related mailing lists),
having separate mailing lists (apart from announcements) is not
necessary.

In higher volume and lower SNR lists (can you hear me ubuntu-users
mailing list! Oh no, you can't because I've unsub'd a while ago, thx
to the SNR of zero. No signal, all noise), that's positively
beneficial.

OTOH, it's only my take on it and I'm nothing but a user of mailing
lists. In the end if there are more than one list, I'll end up
subscribing the lot so not a lot will change in my mailbox! :)