[CentOS] Novell sale news?

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Nov 24 17:36:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010, Toralf Lund wrote:
>Karanbir Singh wrote:

>>> I used an X11 version on some Unix variant a long time ago - possibly
>>> IRIX, but it may have been the DEC one (or both.) This was several years
>>>

>> Thats good, but how is that even remotely related to his list ?
>>
>It's *remotely* related in that it means someone, somewhere must have
>source code that would probably compile more or less directly under
>CentOS, for the (currently unsupported) software in question.

I find lists where there's fairly open discussion of topics more
useful than those that deal with very narrow topics.  It's
amazing how many times I learn something useful that I never
would have seen on a restricted list (e.g. I learned about the
Mac RSS reader NetNewsWire on a local Linux group list).

If a topic is uninteresting, ctrl-d with mutt on the thread nukes
it quickly.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Anyone who thinks Microsoft never does anything truly innovative isn't
paying attention to the part of the company that pushes the state of
its art: Microsoft's legal department.
   --Ed Foster, InfoWorld Gripe Line columnist