[CentOS] New list ?

Spiro Harvey spiro at knossos.net.nz
Wed Nov 24 20:06:45 UTC 2010

> Thoughts on getting a new list started up ?  Should it be
> centos-sysadmin or centos-infra ? Are we going to then restrict it to
> admin/infra related chatter ? in which case, does the eyeball density
> on this list reduce for that sort of content ?

I would love a new list for sysadmins. Having a lower volume list that
does not encourage newbie posts would be ideal for me. Serious technical
problems either go unanswered because they get lost in the noise, or
because maybe the more knowledgable sysadmins don't waste their time
here.

I don't mean to say there aren't knowledgeable and able people here,
but I think if there was a list focused to them, then I think that
would attract more technical people who are able to help each other out
on problems higher up the food chain.

But maybe that's an idea for a generic linux list and not a CentOS
focused one.

--
Spiro Harvey                           Knossos Networks Ltd
(04) 460-2531 : (021) 295-1923          www.knossos.net.nz