[CentOS] New list ?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Nov 24 20:24:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 09:06 +1300, Spiro Harvey wrote:
> I don't mean to say there aren't knowledgeable and able people here,
> but I think if there was a list focused to them, then I think that
> would attract more technical people who are able to help each other out
> on problems higher up the food chain.
> But maybe that's an idea for a generic linux list and not a CentOS
> focused one.

These already exist. [And I agree, most of administration is
distribution agnostic].

lopsa-tech is very high quality.
<quote>
The tech at lopsa.org mailing list is an open forum for the discussion of
any technical topics of interest to systems administrators. This list is
technology agnostic, and constructive communications regarding any
operating system, vendor, or technology are welcome.
</quote>

But in general it is simply true that if you want answers about
something specific you are better off on a specific list - because that
is where the people who have the answers are.  Whether that is the Samba
list(s), the Postfix list, the OpenLDAP list(s), bind-users@, etc...