[CentOS] Centos and Bridging

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 02:09:26 UTC 2010

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html-single/Virtualization/index.html#sect-Virtualization-Network_Configuration-Bridged_networking_with_libvirt

> Much as I respect Akemi san, I would say, don't bother.  It's the usual
> poorly written RH documentation.
>
> In contrast, there is the CentOS wiki, written by someone who actually
> knows something about writing documentation that people can understand.
> Oh....wait, it's me.
>
> Actually, the KVM wiki article is very out of date, but the section on
> bridging is applicable.  The RH docs were so bad, that I still had to go
> back to my own article.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM

Mmm?  I may not be the biggest fan of the Red Hat docs but I have to
give a good score to that one about bridged networking.  I followed
the instructions in there and had no problem setting it up on my KVM
hosts.

It has couple of points the OP may need to know. One is that
NetworkManager needs to be disabled. The other is how to handle
iptables (OP disable it while troubleshooting).

Akemi