[CentOS] pcscd

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Nov 29 22:20:32 UTC 2010

Todd Denniston wrote:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote, On 11/22/2010 02:21 PM:
>> Anyone working with/using it? One thing that's driving me nuts is that
>> it keeps spitting garbage into the logs (card absent or mute!!!). I just
>> tried editing /etc/init.d/pcscd - there's *no* way to pass parms from
>> the config file - and set the logging level to --error, and it's still
doing
>> it.
>>
>> Clues for the poor, to shut it up?
>
> Did you try --critical ??

No, I haven't. I was hoping for something useful in the logs that might
help me on other things.

> Did someone make the mistake of having both pcsc and openct loaded on the
> same machine?

Um, say *wha*? My manager told me to load both. I've got pcsc-lite,
pcsc-lite-libs, and openct. I can read the card, but when I stick it into
a reader, it brings up two windows, one after the other: the first wants
the phone home URL, and I tell it close, and then the one to "manage smart
cards". It should not phone home.

> Did someone load ctapi-cyberjack with out having one of those readers? [I

Nope.
<snip>

> BTW if the card reader thinks there is a card, but pcscd can't establish
> communication with the card then that is an error or critical.  IIRC you
only
> get the messages like you showed when pcscd thinks there should be a
card physically
> present.

Hmmm... it does show problems: card not transacted: 612.

> Does anyone use a smart card with the machine?
<snip>