[CentOS] CF disks images and centos

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Nov 30 20:20:51 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 02:13:17 pm Robert Heller wrote:
> Right.  clonezilla is much more than dd.  I would suspect that
> clonezilla is a bundling of sfdisk, dump/restore, and grub-install, or
> something link that.

According to the clonezilla website, dd is one of the supported methods:  "Based on Partclone (default), Partimage (optional), ntfsclone (optional), or dd to image or clone a partition. However, Clonezilla, containing some other programs, can save and restore not only partitions, but also a whole disk. "

I have yet to have a dd clone go awry; not that it can't happen, but in years of doing this sort of thing, on multiple different Unix-type OS's (and real AT&T Unix) I have yet to have issues there.

But that reminds me that I need to get a newer clonezilla live anyway....