[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 30 22:15:35 UTC 2010

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 01:22:53 pm m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
<snip>
>> I'm talking about the real, outside world, *not* my own personal system.
>> As I said, I work in the real world with all this, and you seem to be
>> arguing, based on your own personal experience that those of us in the
>> workplace should do thus-and-so, and we're telling you what it's like in
>> the trenches, and why we don't like selinux.
>
> Well, Mark, I have always been an advocate of 'eating my own dog food'
> figuratively speaking.  If I, the CIO, can't get it to work on my personal
> system, then it's not likely going to work when deployed to production
<snip>
Oh, I see: you're the CIO? So you can mandate this. Not having ever been
anywhere near a management position, and all of my managers (with three
exceptions, one small, and two microscopically small) being at least 3
levels of managment down from VP level, and mostly they have no clue about
selinux, if they're not Windows-centric, not where I live.

          mark