[CentOS] Router for SOHO network - hardware considerations

Mon Nov 22 23:54:21 UTC 2010
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

It depends on what hardware you have available and what all you would
like to play with...I run both tomato and pfsense and both are great
products but both serve a particular setting...I use tomato for AP's
primarily but also use it for a soho router much better than
linksys...but if you want more routing functionality/security like
openvpn and more available packages to play with then pfsense is a
good choice...if you want or need more filtering capabilities then you
could also look at untangle (much more hardware intensive) or
endian...I have used/using all of the above...all of them have
advantages and tradeoffs just depends on what your requirements are...