[CentOS] Here we go again: SpamAssassin doesn't like the new Perl update...

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Fri Oct 1 14:58:09 UTC 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

> I'll raise that and a restart:
>
> % /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin restart
> Stopping spamd:                                            [  OK  ]
> Starting spamd: Subroutine NetAddr::IP::UtilPolluted::AF_INET6 redefined
> at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
>  at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/NetAddr/IP/Util.pm
> line 180

this does not look like CentOS's fault.

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/NetAddr/IP/Util.pm
perl-NetAddr-IP-4.032-1.el5.rf

first off, the package in question comes from RPMforge.

this looks like a bug in the upstream Perl module:

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/MIKER/NetAddr-IP-4.033/Changes

Revision history for Perl extension NetAddr::IP

4.033  Wed Sep 29 10:32:50 PDT 2010
        Conditionalize import of AF_INET6 in Util.pm
        NetAddr::IP::UtilPolluted

4.032  Wed Sep 22 13:39:08 PDT 2010
	Added overload => 'ne' and '!=' to Lite.pm v1.18

looks like it should be fixed in revision 4.033, which is already in RPMforge SVN but not yet pushed to the repo.

how much troubleshooting did you do before you assumed it was CentOS's fault? :)

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v
http://five.sentenc.es