[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Arturo Fatturi artfil62 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:05:41 UTC 2010

Mathieu you make a good point in your email.

People don't want to make a rational choice. I live in Brazil and I was
thinking that in the USA and Europe things would be different. Here in
Brazil we can buy a computer - cheap or not - as they say "configured",
that is: with  MS installed and all the things ready to use. Obsviously,
withou any license. To me this is a cultural problem: if the mam in the
shop say that I can have a computer - or laptop - ready and not pay so
much, that's ok!

I am a teatcher of philosophy. I teach philosophy to IT courses in the
university (private) every semester is the same thing: why did I have to
think? My course is about computer and webcommerce. Linux?Oh, nobody use
linux in a desktop!

I am using Linux since 2003. Actually I am using Fedora because I dont
Know how to make a HP f4480 scanner works, only the printer. I use
Centos and Scientificlinux for years, before I buy this HP thing. But I
make my "rational" choice: scanner or insecurity? Well, as I am not a
very important person and have no secrets, I can use some insecure OS.

Scuse for my rough english.

Best wishes

Arturo