[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Fri Oct 8 23:03:22 UTC 2010

On 10/8/2010 4:29 PM, Jerry Franz wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 03:25 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> There's more to a PC than [a] spec list.
>
> Apple runs commodity hardware that is essentially identical to everyone
> else's - just priced 3X more.

...says the guy comparing machines based only on the spec list.

We're just throwing blind assertions at each other, but since I don't
want to go PC shopping just to pursue the argument, let's keep it
theoretical.  Which do you suppose is a harder task:

a) for you to show me a third-the-price PC that's truly an
apples-to-apples comparison with some given Mac; or

b) for me to find a PC and configure it show it's actually worthy of
being compared to some given Mac as an equal?

Tough jobs both, but I think my task would be easier.  If nothing else,
I have the reductive case: dual-boot a Mac.