[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Oct 10 11:16:00 UTC 2010

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 10/9/10 2:41 PM, John Hinton wrote:
>> Aside from this, Microsoft seems to love to make changes that break
>> other vendor's software. I can't imagine the frustrations they must feel
>> living in this world. WordPerfect, Adobe and just about everyone has had
>> problems due to some 'upgrade' that broke something in their software.
>
> And how would you compare this to, say, the linux kernel regularly breaking
> every driver module that isn't distributed in source?

Go OpenSolaris then. Also OpenOffice and maybe LibreOffice can open docx
files...not sure about those from MSO 2010 though...

So let's pitch in behind the OpenSolaris Desktop and enjoy binary
drivers with an open source kernel/userland environment and upgrade to
complaining only about GTK/GNOME and KDE and lack of good desktop
applications.