[CentOS] OT: linux desktop market share more than 1%

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Sun Oct 10 12:31:40 UTC 2010

Ben McGinnes wrote:
> On 10/10/10 10:16 PM, Christopher Chan wrote:
>> Go OpenSolaris then. Also OpenOffice and maybe LibreOffice can open docx
>> files...not sure about those from MSO 2010 though...
>
> Except OpenSolaris has already been killed by Oracle.  There is a fork
> called Illumos, though.

/me shrugs. Yeah, maybe I better start saying Illumos and yelling use
OpenIndiana, a distro which uses Illumos. Sun is so dead.

If you want a desktop os without binary driver issues, this is it.
Although I'd say a fair few use it for other purposes. If you have
analog Thrustmaster FLCS, TQS, RCS gear and MIDI keyboards, just endure
Linux for the time being. :-p