[CentOS] sendmail substitute?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Oct 14 07:11:41 UTC 2010

> Hi all,
>
> i'm following online guides to secure my centos 5.4
> it's advised to turn off sendmail service among others.
> but how can i forward my /var/log/mail to my webmail ?

To update to CentOS 5.5 with current updates (especially the kernel!)
would improve security much more than deactivating Sendmail. That said you
are not bound to 5.4 by any specific usecase.

> any help would be greatly appreciated..

What is the rationale behind deactivating Sendmail. Just curious. Or is it
the typical rant "Sendmail is insecure, see its history"?

> thank you

Alexander