[CentOS] black display during installation of CentOS5.5

Ritika Garg ritikagarg25 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 11:08:23 EDT 2010

During installation of CentOS5.3 from DVD, the installation was interuppted
due to an error in a rpm package as the DVD had lot of scratches. So I
burned image of CentOS5.5 on DVD. I selected installation in graphical mode.
The first graphical interface screen comes from where we proceed further by
clicking next. This screen is almost black and its impossible to carry out
further installation as visibility is very poor.