[CentOS] ssh with shared home dir

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Oct 23 00:42:36 UTC 2010

> hmm.. ok then gordon thanks for the input! how do these permissions grab ya?
>

> [bluethundr at LCENT01 ~]$ ls -alh | grep .ssh
> -rw-------   1 bluethundr summitnjops    70 Oct 17 14:04 .lesshst
> drwx------   2 bluethundr summitnjops   512 Oct 22 14:06 .ssh
>

> [bluethundr at LCENT01 ~]$ ls -lah .ssh
> total 34K
> drwx------   2 bluethundr summitnjops  512 Oct 22 14:06 .
> drwx------ 106 bluethundr summitnjops 5.5K Oct 22 14:44 ..
> -rw-------   1 bluethundr summitnjops  820 Oct 22 14:19 authorized_keys
> -rw-------   1 bluethundr summitnjops 1.7K Oct 22 14:18 id_rsa
> -rw-r--r--   1 bluethundr summitnjops  403 Oct 22 14:18 id_rsa.pub
> -rw-r--r--   1 bluethundr summitnjops  20K Oct 22 14:47 known_hosts
> [bluethundr at LCENT01 ~]$
>

> as is stands, currently, still not working!

You did copy id_rsa.pub to authorized_keys:

cat .ssh/id_rsa.pub >> .ssh/authorized_keys

???

Also check /etc/ssh/sshd_config an /etc/ssh/ssh_config.  These files
need to allow public key logins.  Also, does /etc/ssh/sshd_config have
anything set for AllowUsers and/or AllowGroups?  All any/all of the
machines in question?