[CentOS] Dell E6410

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Oct 25 19:24:55 UTC 2010

On 10/25/10 12:12 PM, Bo Lynch wrote:
> Just recently bought a Dell E6410 with a Intel® HD Graphics with
> ExpressCard with I7-640m processor. Having some issues getting a graphical
> env to work. By just the looks of lspci X is wanting to use the VGA
> Compatable controller: Intel Corp Core Processor Intergrated graphics
> controller.
> Everything else is using Intel Corp Series 5/3400 Series Chipset.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck getting similar intel onboard grphics to work?

onboard graphics in those Core-I* things is in the CPU chip, *not* the
chipset.   the chipset provides the graphics output path only.  The
graphics is in the CPU chip because the memory controller is also in the
CPU chip.

I believe it uses the IGDNG driver, not i810 or whatever.   I have no
idea how well CentOS supports this, you might have better luck on that
laptop with Fedora Latest.