[CentOS] Dell E6410

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Tue Oct 26 08:18:15 UTC 2010

On Monday 25 October 2010 20:21:43 Bo Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, October 25, 2010 3:19 pm, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> > 2010/10/25 Bo Lynch <blynch at ameliaschools.com>:
> >> Just recently bought a Dell E6410 with a Intel® HD Graphics with
> >> ExpressCard with I7-640m processor. Having some issues getting a
> >> graphical
> >> env to work. By just the looks of lspci X is wanting to use the VGA
> >> Compatable controller: Intel Corp Core Processor Intergrated graphics
> >> controller.
> >> Everything else is using Intel Corp Series 5/3400 Series Chipset.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else had any luck getting similar intel onboard grphics to
> >> work?
> >
> > Centos is possibly too antique for that
> >
> > --
> > Eero
>
> WOW.....I thought that at least a generic graphics driver would suit just
> fine??? Is it something pertaining to this particular intel chipset?

I recently had major problems getting Fedora 13 to work on the E6410 ( worked
fine on the E6510 ;-) )

See the thread "Fedora 13 on Dell E6410 screen resolution problem" on the
Fedora Mailing list for a discussion and solution to the problem.

The laptop had a NVidia graphics controller, unlike yours, and the solution
involved using the propritory NVidia drivers.

Tony