[CentOS] migrating users to openldap

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:00:34 UTC 2010

I noticed that when I migrated my users with the migrate_passwd.pl
tool from PADL it didn't migrate the actual passwords (just the rest
of the posixAccount info). I think I need to set the EXTENDED_SCHEMA
variable and then try running the tool again. does anyone know what
this should be?

 I actually thought there might be a migrate_shadow.pl tool that could
accomplish this, but there doesn't appear to be anything like that
among the PADL migration tools.

 So in short the user info is there in LDAP but no one can log in
because all the password fields look like this: userPassword: {crypt}*

Here is a more complete user entry that is currently in the system:

73 uid=bluethundr,ou=summitnjops,ou=staff,dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
uid: bluethundr
cn: Timothy P.
givenName: Timothy P.
sn: Dunphy
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
loginShell: /usr/local/bin/bash
uidNumber: 1001
gidNumber: 1002
homeDirectory: /home/bluethundr
gecos: Timothy P.
userPassword: {crypt}*

thanks in advance for any tips you can share that will get this working!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!