[CentOS] selinux with samba

David McGuffey

davidmcguffey at verizon.net
Fri Oct 29 21:47:32 UTC 2010

I just set up samba to support some Win7 VMs on top of CentOS 5.5.

Recommend you read the first page or so of the smb.conf file
in /etc/samba.  It gives guidance on what to do to ensure SELinux
doesn't get in the way.

I try to place my shares in something like /var/local/share and avoid
any system directories or /home. One can place shares there, but they
can be a pita to maintain and can present security risks.

Dave M