[CentOS] centos 5.5 oscar: gcc41, gcc44 and gfortran41, gfortran44

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:06:50 UTC 2010

giggzounet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm totally new with centos...we have a cluster in our labo with centos
> oscar.
> But the gcc is not a link to gcc41 or gcc44. it is just an executable.
> idem for gfortran. So which is the good way on centOS to choose the
> gcc44 and gfortran44 per default.

Hi

I not sure if I understood the problem, but if your are using OSCAR, and
if I remember right, you can install as many compiler as you want, but
you select using the utility "module", like "module load gcc41" or
"module load gcc44". Of course, you have to configure the environment.

Then you put the right module in your configuration file: bashrc or
bash_profile.

Hope this helps

Marcelo