[CentOS] OT: sendmail access

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Sun Sep 12 08:28:36 UTC 2010

> But, when I'm trying to send an email, the user still becames:
>
> Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.
>
> Before SASL, the user becomes only "Relaying denied"
>
> In Outlook 2003 in Email Preferences, the authentication for smtp is
> activ.
>
> "the outgoing server (SMTP) needed Authentification - same entries as
> the Incoming Server"
>
> same UID and password on outgoing and incoming Server.
>
> I love it on Sunday to work ;-(

Well, yes, my sendmail.cf is configured via sendmail.mc... which makes it
pretty easy... there will be an authenticated handling process in
sendmail.cf that sendmail.mc inserts automagically...

e.g.

# authenticated?
R$*                     $: $1 $| $>"tls_client" $&{verify} $| MAIL

R<>                     $@ <OK>                 we MUST accept <> (RFC 1123)
R$*                     $: $&{daemon_flags} $| $1