[CentOS] Problem with SSHD update.
mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Sep 13 18:42:37 EDT 2010
On 09/13/2010 04:01 PM, James B. Byrne wrote:
> Starting sshd: Auto configuration failed
> 6486:error:0E065068:configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
> has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207
> This matter is somewhat urgent.
Totally! broken sshd could cause non-trivial issues for a lot of people.
However, I can confirm that:
* prov-kickstart-c5.5-i386 : sshd tests PASS
* yum -y update : sshd tests PASS 
* yum install latest updates : sshd tests PASS
: the yum update runs against what is already on mirrors.centos.org,
so would not have considered this latest set of new packages.
Also, the process is repeated for x86_64 and on both ipv4 and v6.
However, machine and resource contrains mean that the tests are only
ever run on Xen DomU's rather than real iron. The tests themselves are
- ensure iptables blocks port :22, test connection from localhost to
- ensure iptables allows port :22 test connection from localhost to
- repeat for real ipv4 IP, and IPv6 IP.
- repat the whole set of tests for scp.
The connections are tested using 'ssh-keygen -t dsa -b 1024' so that
tends to get tested as well ( ideally it would be cool to retain a set
of keys from previous builds to make sure they still work, but I've not
come up with any clean way of preserving test artifacts ).
So, I'm quite keen on finding out what is it that is causing the
breakage for you.
More information about the CentOS