[CentOS] ZFS @ centOS

Dawid Horacy Golebiewski dawid.golebiewski at tu-harburg.de
Sat Apr 2 21:28:41 UTC 2011

I pondered Solaris for some time, but as I do not intend to build the OS
"from scratch" and nexenta was to GUIed for me I started researching SME.
What puzzled me is the theory and the practice: RAIDz is the best
solution from a theoretical standpoint (maximum features available) but
still raid 5,65+0 etc. are used. Why?

Opensolaris supposedly stopped last February.