[CentOS] How to install wine ?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Apr 4 09:41:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 04/04/11 2:01 AM, Rajan Dahal wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded wine-1.3.13.tar.bz2
>>
>> How  to install it ?
>>
>> I have no internet connection. so I want to install it manually.
>
> thats probably the source tarball for Wine, and will need to be
> compiled.   doesn't it have a README and/or INSTALL file inside the tar ?
>
> But, rather than compiling, there are RPM's for wine built for el4,5,6
> on rpmforge.

Beware that RPMforge contains the stable releases (1.2.2) and the RPMforge
testing repository is at 1.3.7, but I am doing a 1.3.17 build right now.

Often the latest development release have a better success rate than the
stable release, but if you are unsure, download both and test your
use-case with both toroughly :)