[CentOS] Is Centos 5.5 too old fro Google Chrome?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 4 16:16:39 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 09:44:00AM -0600, compdoc wrote:
> >I tried to install Google Chrome and received the dependencies
> >error.  Is Centos too old for the new Chrome or is there an older
> >Chrome version that is compatible?
>
> Chrome depends on a few newer packages than exist in 5.5. I'm guessing
> centos 6 will have updated packages which will allow Chrome to install.

Judging from Scientific Linux 6.0, this seems to be the case, installed
without problem or any special effort.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Maggie Walsh: We use the latest in scientific technology
and state-of-the-art weaponry, and you, if I understand correctly,
poke them with a sharp stick.