[CentOS] interview request for ppl who have Shockwave/.Firefox working

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Apr 4 17:15:17 UTC 2011

> Robert Heller wrote:
> > wrote:
> <snip>
> > I have no trouble with multiple xterm windows (to different machines). I
> > never maximize the xterm windows, so there is room for several on the
> > screen. And I do have multiple 'virtual' screens (a feature of FVWM).
> <snip>
> Yeah - folks seem to have forgotten the concept that screen real estate is
> *valuable*, and gone to the Everybody Always Wants To Maximize My
> Wonder!!!Full!!! Website!!!!!!
>
> Turkeys. Who don't understand the concept of a window....

I only ever maximize FF, but only because my screen resolution is
(only) 1024x768 and websites these days need at least 1024x768.  I
didn't used to do that (I ran FF at 800x600), but 'modern' websites don't
look right (or in some cases don't even work) with such a 'small'
window size.

I *sometimes* view videos in full screen, but not as a default option
(except for the DVD player profile I use for mplayer).