[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com
Tue Apr 5 00:24:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at softdux.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Brian Mathis
> <brian.mathis+centos at betteradmin.com> wrote:
>
>> Rudi,
>>
>> Cut the crap.  You're intentionally changing the context of the
>> discussion, so please stop posting.  No one has "demanded" that the
>> Devs send an email every time they take a shi^H^H^H^H^H^H^H make a cup
>> of coffee, as you have said.  In fact no one has "demanded" anything.
>> Requests, yes.  A post once in a while with some real information
>> (other than "we're working on it") would be nice.
>>
>> Also I don't see any comments demanding anyone do anyone else's work
>> for them.  Again, you have twisted the conversation to become more of
>> a flamefest by making things up that are not true.  Not one post has
>> "demanded" anything.
>>
>> Everyone is here because they care about the project.  That's what is
>> constantly missing in the replies by those who continue to browbeat
>> and deride anyone simply looking for information.  It's a symptom of a
>> deeper problem that will only be made worse by that kind of treatment.
>>
>> // Brian Mathis
>
> Brian, since you take it so personal, you should cut the crap. And grow up.
>
> Have you actually followed, properly, what has been said the past few
> weeks about the last updates (i.e. 4.9 / 5.6 & 6.0?) about people
> leaving CentOS cause other products are better and how the devs should
> step up to keep up with the rest of the world?
>
> I personally, as well as many others (looking at their comments) are
> more than happy to wait for the next release - exactly when it
> released. I rely on CentOS for one reason - it's stability and
> security. I don't want a half-ass-baked distro.And I frankly don't
> care what you think about it. If you don't like it, then move on. Get
> RedHat, or Novell or Debian, or whatever fits your needs. BUT PLEASE,
> stop putting extra pressure on the devs cause you have some personal
> vendetta against how quickly they release their updates. Surely, when
> you started using CentOS, you knew exactly what it was and what it's
> relationship was with it's upstream vendor. Now, due to their changes,
> CentOS updates gets delayed. Live with it, or get in touch with Red
> Hat and take it out on them.
>
> The last thing I want to see if CentOS coming to a grinding halt
> because the demand for half-tested-and-released-too-soon-releases and
> everyone want an update every 5 days have become too so great the devs
> can't get to doing their work properly anymore.

I really have no way to respond to such a thorough misreading of what
I have said.  I don't even know where to begin.

For everything you claim I have said I have in fact said the exact
opposite.  I have no idea where you get the idea of lumping me in with
those throwing a tizzy about the releases not being ready.

The only thing I have said is that if we want these weekly threads to
stop there needs to be better communication.  How that translates in
your head as me and everyone else "demanding" all sorts of things,
pressuring the project, or wanting premature releases is simply beyond
any ability of reasonable thought.

// Brian Mathis

P.S. I do take it very personally when someone mis-characterizes
something I have said.