[CentOS] Understanding yum automatic upgrades

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Wed Apr 6 07:31:44 UTC 2011

email builder wrote:
> Do you know how to determine which repo a particular package is from?  For
> example, when I do "yum info" against clamav (which isn't receiving automatic
> updates), it just says "Repo: installed".  I don't know what repo it comes from.

"yum list clamav --showduplicates" should show you all clamav packages
available in all repos, and will show the installed version so you can
compare.

Also, do you have some software that could do updates automaticaly? I
think Virtualmin (like Webmin but for domain control, CPanel, etc.) can
be set to do automatic updates.

Ljubomir