[CentOS] Feeding CentOS build results to twitter

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 6 09:28:04 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 07:32 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> Although it might not be of any real use in indicating when a version
> would be ready, I think it helps a lot psychologically when people can
> see that something is being done, even if it's discovering bugs that
> will push back the release.

As Russ already pointed out, the build status indicator isnt really of
much value. However, something that *might* be of some value is if
people can actually get a perspective on present state. Thats something
I'm working on and hope to have in place once we get 6 out of the door.

Part of the reason why people think I'm out of sync in my estimates is
down to the fact that package change  and implications of those packages
include downwards deps as well. So we can be at 95% done, with 1 package
change taking us down to 75% and it goes on. I guess people like Dag and
Hendrik just done understand these sort of things very well.

- KB