[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Apr 6 21:39:16 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 09:57 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> But there's no problem with all of these things where people can help
> already. The wiki is working fine, the mailinglist is helping people, I
> never heard anyone complain about this.

There is no problem that people can help there, sure - but how many are
? Look at the whole picture not just specific isolated points.

> None of this is fixing where people want the project to improve. People
> want to help with where the problems are, which is fixing builds so a
> release can be more timely.
>
> Why are we avoiding this again and again ?

I am not sure who you refer to as 'we' - you for one are trying too hard
to look down narrow corridors without consider what the efforts are
targeted at. eg. If people were to adopt parts of the package tree's
would that then not be a good reason to let them take ownership within
the distro as well ? You seem quite keen on either ignoring that aspect,
or just dont see it.

I also realise that you want things to change Dag, however doing the
right thing is more important than just doing random things and hoping
something will stick ( and unfortunately the only thing you have been
able to come up with are the random sorts ). How about making a bit of
an effort and trying to work through what efforts are being directed at
rather than standing on the sidelines and sniping ?

- KB