[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Apr 6 23:41:25 UTC 2011

Ian Murray wrote:

> I'll help you out (and bring it back on topic), likewise: your Linux
> distribution rebuild project is broken. Was that any help to you? Am I
> pointing you in the right way? Please join the dots to figure where it is
> going wrong...? Oh, you don't even see the problem, do you? Just ignore it
> in that case. Perhaps it will go away by itself. Well, it doesn't exist,
> so it can't go away because it was never here.... etc.....

If these remarks were directed at Karanbir Singh,
I'm sure the vast majority of CentOS users will dissociate themselves
completely from them, as I do.
I'm sure KS has much better things to do at the moment
than configure your mail reader.

Personally, I'm very grateful to the CentOS team for all their work.

I'm perhaps in a minority in not caring when CentOS-6 (or 5.6) come out,
as CentOS-5.5 works perfectly for me and I don't actually see anything
in CentOS-6 which would be very useful to me.
The only thing I would say is that I hope KS and team are not pressured
into bringing out CentOS-6 before it is absolutely ready;
in this context it is much better to be good than to be early.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net