[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:58:12 UTC 2011

On 4/7/2011 8:47 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

They come up every time that the methodology and resources of the
developers don't produce the results expected by the users.  The fact
that this has historically only happened around release times is
coincidental.  People are (correctly) fearful of putting blind faith in
optimistic engineers who say everything will be fine without saying why
they believe that or why they reject suggestions for changes that might
be improvements.

While SL and other distributions are perfectly fine for almost all uses,
there's a certain irony in the fact the single advantage of CentOS is
the ease of converting from it to a paid/supported RHEL installation,
and the RH changes that make the rebuild difficult are driving people away.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com