[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

MJang mike at linuxexam.com
Thu Apr 7 16:21:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 08:48 -0700, MJang wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 11:36 -0400, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> > centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:

> > > I would appreciate an answer to one related question.
> > >
> > > Will CentOS release CentOS 6.0 as a production release?
> > >
> > > I see three possible answers: yes/no/TBD.
> >
> > Answer 4:
> > This is not just an answer of
> > "yes it's a production release"
> > it's
> > "production releases are all that CentOS ever does."
>
> Appreciate the clarification. I had thought that like SL, there would
> have been a CentOS 6 beta. From my searches, it appears that I was
> mistaken, there is no --public-- (or private?) CentOS 6 beta.

If I'm reading
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25878&forum=53 correctly, there will be a CentOS 6 beta first,

though http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/6/AuditStatus suggests about 50
packages still at issue in the audit process.

So those audited packages must be cleared first before a CentOS 6 beta
is released?

Thanks,
Mike