[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Александр Кириллов nevis2us at infoline.su
Thu Apr 7 17:36:51 UTC 2011

>> Fully agree. This attitude has lead many companies I know to drop
>> CentOS
>> in favour of other distros. This project is sure not going in the
>> right
>> direction.
>> I know, I'm going to be told to use something else, I know I know,
>> I'm
>> looking for alternatives.
>
> Good ... if you don't like CentOS, then we do not want you to use it.
>
> For people who do like it, we do want you to use it.
>
> What we do not want is for people to think that they have a Service
> Level Agreement with CentOS to produce updates on their schedule.
>
> If you WANT a service level agreement with me, then you may contract
> for
> one.  If you pay me enough, I will guarantee you updates on what ever
> schedule you are willing to pay for.  I will be very professional in
> my
> dealings with you in that case too.
>
> When you want something that is provided for free, and when you want
> treat me like you are paying me a million dollars a year to give it
> you, guess what ...
>
> You can also get service level agreements from Red Hat or from Oracle
> or
> Novell.

 If this is all about money and what isn't, why don't you try and start
 accepting cash donations
 to the project which have been disabled for a couple of years now? Some
 extra income
 for the devs with no strings attached. You may even set financing
 targets the way
 wikipedia does it. What's wrong with that?