[CentOS] Centos 6 Update?

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:57:54 UTC 2011

On 4/8/11, Ian Murray <murrayie at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> If you  do not like how your hairdresser does you hair you will go to
>> other one. If  you do not like the taste of bread you are buying, you
>> will go and by from  other bakery.
>

> I have never been insulted or belittled by my hairdresser as we discuss how
> my hair is best cut. My bakery has refused to sell me sliced bread because it
> was too hot to slice... however, they kindly explained when I should come back
> if I wished such that the bread would suitably be ready. No drama.

While I do agree that the dev team's public communications skills
could do with some improvement, I would like to say that perhaps we
need to consider that.

1. They probably have been repeating the same thing over and over again.
2. They're doing this on top of their day job, so that's added stress factor
3. From what I can tell, pushing out a new release takes a lot of
repetitive work which is probably quite tedious and therefore wearing
on the team
4. It is more frustrating when people are breathing down your neck
during a process that can't really be made any faster.

The current situation isn't quite the same as a baker telling the
first customer that the bread's too hot. It's more like the same
baker, while juggling hot from the oven trays, being asked by the
hundredth customer the same question, who heard basically the answer
to the same question asked by the other 99 who are still crowding
around the bakery.

The dev teams are human after all and sometimes short and sharp
accompanying body language.

That said, I do hope the dev teams can work out some kind of system of
regular updates on the public channels to alleviate these sort of
situations in the future.