[CentOS] 5.6 update experience - EXCELLENT!

E Westphal enwestph at rochester.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 14:02:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 15:32 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> On 09/04/2011 14:23, Ed Westphal wrote:
> > Just updated 98 packages on this ole hardware raid 10 box - 5.6 final is
> > running just fine. No problems. THANKS.
> >
> > Ed Westphal

> Kindly please the web address you downloaded from. Thanks

Very simply - the built-in package updater program has / uses the Centos
repositories. PuP indicated, when I logged in, that updates were
available. I accepted all the indicated updates and sat back and let it
do it's thing. It then asked me if I chose to re-boot now or later? I
indicated later. Completed a few things and then rebooted. It's been
running fine since with 5.6 final. I guess I don't know what more to
tell you? Your addresses should all be in your repositories file - if
you've not changed them to look at a locally built repository? If you're
using a local repository, then it needs to be refreshed from the Centos
ones. I'll leave it to others here to explain that process if that is
the issue here?