[CentOS] virDomainSetMaxMemory error

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sun Apr 10 01:47:21 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 13:54 -0500, Russell Jones wrote:
> In Virt-Manager, when attempting to either change a guest's memory
> allocation or even just clicking "Apply" on the memory tab and not
> actually changing the values, the following error pops up:
>
> "Error changing memory values: this function is not supported by the
> connection driver: virDomainSetMaxMemory"
>
> When Googling around, I am finding reports of this error as early as two
> days ago, and as late as a year ago. Is there an option in
> KVM/Virt-Manager I am missing in order to resolve this problem, or is
> this bug really over a year old and not fixed in CentOS 5.6?

I had this problem with a KVM recently.  Instead of wasting time with
virt-manager, I did this:

# virsh shutdown [kvm]
# virsh dumpxml [kvm] > guest.xml
# vim guest.xml
	- I changed the memory parameters to be what I wanted, saved,
	  and quit
# virsh define guest.xml

Done.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.32.26-175.fc12.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux