[CentOS] 5.6 - SRPM's

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Apr 10 19:42:32 UTC 2011

Tom Diehl wrote on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:47:04 -0400 (EDT):

> I cannot speak for the other Tom but in my case I rebuild the centos-release
> rpm and add my own repo files so that all of my machines pull from my local
> repos. Yes, I know that the modified repo files do not get overwritten but
> that does not help for new machines nor does it help when I change my local
> configuration. When I rebuild the centos-release rpm I actually modify it so
> that a new version  of the rpm overwrites any existing .repo files.

Ah, I see now why you are doing this, I wasn't aware that the release package
contains those .repo files. *However*, as I said earlier (and unless you use
different filenames for your local repo) the new centos-release will *not*
overwrite your existing CentOS-Base.repo file etc. So, if this is your
concern: this is not a problem.

Kai