[CentOS] How to verify all dependencies are being met

Stephen Harris

lists at spuddy.org
Sun Apr 10 21:51:03 UTC 2011

I've taken over a CentOS machine.  The previous SA had a habit of using
the --nodeps flag to rpm to remove packages (he was trying to build a
small server and removed packages he felt weren't needed).  I have a
horrible feeling that this has resulted in some required dependencies
no longer being met.  The server kinda-works, but it may break in
unexpected ways;  I don't like being surprised!

Is there an easy way to determine what rpms might be missing?  I'd hoped
to use something like "rpm -qR" against each of the installed packages,
but that output isn't simply converted to rpm package names.

Any guidance appreciated!

Thanks,

--

rgds