[CentOS] Usb surf stick for internet

Mon Apr 11 00:33:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:
> Olaf Mueller wrote:
>> I am searching for an internet usb surf-stick (umts) that works under
>> CentOS. Is anyone using such a stick and if so, which chip has this
>> usb-stick?
>>
>> Would a Huawei E160E chip work under CentOS? Or maybe under CentOS with
>> the 2.6.35 kernel from elrepo?
>> Thank you very much!
<snip>
> Visit this page:
> http://pyhumod.ooz.ie/
> and you will have all of your questions answered.

Interesting thread and thank you for the above link. I will do some
studying. The cell phone operators here in Colombia (GSM networks) all
sell those things, but they natively work only on Windows and MACs.
When our ADSL goes down, it would be nice to have one of those USB
sticks, for HSDPA connectivity, as a backup.