[CentOS] 5.6 is out, great my first upgrade didn't work...

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Mon Apr 11 14:17:19 UTC 2011

>>> ...or time, if the filesystem has a force-fsck-after-N-days feature.
>> Yes, it could have, but it's been 2 hours now, and the hard drive is
>> only 40 gigs ssd. Since it was a pre-prod not yet in use server, it'll
>> wait till monday.
>
> Please post a follow-up, I'm curious what went wrong. :)

To follow-up on my own storry, I got there this morning, expecting to find
the server stuck at fsck or somthing similar, only to find it with only the
sord "GRUB" on the screen, and beeping like crazy. I didn't have any iso nor
centos cd with me, so I'll get back there this after-noon with a portable
cd-drive and centos cd.

To be continued...