[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel (Was: Centos 6 Update?)

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:08:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 07:25 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
>
> On 04/10/2011 05:00 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> I got a kernel built with the patches using the wiki and your notes in
> 0004586 (thanks). I am pleased  to report
> that they appear to work as advertised. With:
> net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 2
> net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra = 2
>
> Router solicitations were issued and router advertisements were accepted and
> I could still forward packets.

> I have built the latest version of cplus kernel with the patches
> applied. The proposed process for patch addition did work well. It is
> available as  'kernel-devel-2.6.32-71.24.1.el6.centos.ayplus.1'  from:
>
> http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/centos6/centosplus-testing/
>
> Steve, could you please test this kernel? Looks like this is going to
> be the first patch set added to the C6plus kernel.
>
> Sure - I am downloading it now.

> Oops - I am using i386 not x86_64 and it appears you only have re-compiled
> the x86_64 kernels. At least
> that is what I am assuming looking at the dates and the fact the i386 kernel
> did not work in regards to the new
> behavior with router solicitations and router advertisements.

Thank you for the testing.

Odd. I did build both arches. x86_64 was re-rebuilt after the i386
version, which is why it has a newer date.

I will go back to the drawing board and make sure the patches are in place.

If I may ask one more thing ... I think we should continue the current
effort in the bug tracker rather than here on this list. Would you
mind filing a new request at http://bugs.centos.org under the
CentOS-6-Plus category ?

Akemi