[CentOS] How can a company help, officially?

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Mon Apr 11 19:33:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 03:03:05PM -0400, Brian Mathis wrote:

> I for one am glad about it as it is obvious that it needs to be
> addressed.
we all agree that it can be done better/faster/...

> The constant retorts against anyone asking is just
> unbelievable.  Maybe if the questions can be read as:
>
>     I know you release when ready, so how can I help it be ready faster?

1) what about "stop breathing over my neck?"

I would not like a "helping hand" stabbing me everyday to
remind me that things could be better, but ymmv.

2) 4.9 is out, 5.6 is nearly released (SRPMS still being pushed),
work on 6 will resume...

3) Releasing is one goal, keep thing running is another.

C4 csgfs needs testing, who is helping?
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4754

4) back to your genuine inquiry "how can I help it be ready faster?"

Make your own experiment (i.e rebuild your own clone) and document/report back
what you find out as the proper order of rebuild of the upstream SRPMS ?

[... anything usefull for your CentOS community ...]

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)